John Jensen, founded Jensen Roofing in 1988, and has worked in the roofing industry since 1982. As a contractor, he has always specialized in tile roofing. Lisa joined the company in 2004, and brought experience in consulting, training, sales and marketing to help refine the business operations. Lisa is also the owner and designer for Jensen Websites.
John and Lisa are both Qualified Trainers thru the National Rooofing Contractor’s Association (NRCA). NRCA Qualified Trainers are professional trainers and coaches for roofing companies. The certification is earned after attending a 2 day classroom and hands-on educational program. They conduct training sessions designed to help roofing professionals learn about different roof systems and their installation processes.
We were the first company in the state certified by the Tile Roofing Industry Alliance (TRI), the industry leader for code development and installation guidelines. For 15 years we managed the TRI training program, and provided training to contractors, inspectors and consultants who work with tile roofing.
John is also a Certified Roof Inspector with Haag Engineering, the leader in residential roof damage assessment. We provide service and training to other roofing companies and serve as a resource for several manufacturers, suppliers and property management firms. If you need an “expert witness” in a legal proceeding, we can help you with that, too.
Industry and Community Affiliations
- Tile Roofing Industry Alliance – Members & Training Program Directors (2008-2023); John and Lisa received the 2009 “Presidents Award” from the Tile Roof Institute for their efforts to refine, streamline and bring efficiencies to the Installer Certification program
- Harborview Medical Center – Lisa was appointed to the Board of Trustees in 2008, and served as President of the board 2016-2018. She continued to serve as a member of the board until she moved out of King County in 2020.
- City of Newcastle, WA – Lisa was elected Councilmember in 2007, re-elected in 2011, and served as Deputy Mayor 2011-2013.
- King County Redistricting Committee – John was appointed in January 2011 www.kingcounty.gov/operations/districting.aspx
- King County Municipal League Candidate Evaluation South – John served as Chair in 2009 and 2010. www.munileague.org
- King County Charter Review Commission – John was appointed in 2007 and served on the commission thru 2009
- Newcastle Chamber of Commerce – Previous Board Members and Presidents
- Diamond Award Recipient – John received this community service award in 2008
- King County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) – Lisa was a volunteer 2003-2009
For more information: 208-366-9464 or send an email